Weekly on Wednesdays and NEW ON THURSDAYS, 10am -2:30pm
Experience both the indoor and outdoor classroom with a day of nature learning and adventuring – just for the children, ages 5-13. Exploration, play, and enrichment in the real and natural South Florida.
The Wednesday Program is for returning families only…if you are new to the program, only Thursdays are available. REGISTER NOW…SPACE IS LIMITED IN THIS VERY POPULAR PROGRAM
- Drop-off enrichment and exploration program for children ages 5 and up. For the kids only.
- MOST Wednesdays or Thursdays, 10am -2:30pm (see dates below).
- Explore the natural beauty of the Bonnet House Forest and Ponds, with occasional days visiting Hugh Taylor Birch State Park and Dania Beach.
- Enrich your homeschool program with nature study, science, history, literature and child-led play and exploration. Each season is based on an ecological theme (see themes below), where the natural history of Florida is emphasized and expanded on through experiential activities. This 4.5 hour class allows for independent outdoor play, complex games and team building.
- **This program requires a commitment and is not a pay-by-day style class. Classes are planned and paid for seasonally in sessions – 3+ months at a time. One credit per session is allowed, for necessary absence…deducted from next session payment or used as a credit toward another program. Prices are based on full season and are per child, with a sibling discount of 50%
Dates By Season, 2017/18 (Wednesday/Thursday)
- September: 13/14, 20/21, 27/28
- October: 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
- November: 1/2, 8/9, 15/16, 29/30
- December: 6/7,13/14, 20/21
- January: 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, 31/1
- February: 7/8, 14/15, 21/22, 28/29
- March: 7/8, 14/15, 21/22
- April: 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
- May: 2/3, 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, 30/31
- June: 6/7
Nature Themes By Season, 2017/18
Florida Nature and Florida People – All Nature Teacher programs will center around this theme…building from it to create enriching activities, games and lessons that emphasize a multitude of subjects, like, art, science and ecology, history and literature.
Autumn – Just Nature
- How the Land Came to Be…Rocks, Shells and Bones
- Location, Location, Location…Latitude and Longitude
- Cold and Hot…Ancient Climate Change
Winter – Wandering Wildlife
- On the Hunt…Movement of Man
- High and Dry…A Different Florida
- Water, Water Everywhere…Wetlands and Hammocks
Spring – Modern Man and Nature
- Mound Builders…Islands and Legacies
- Pirates and Sailors…Explorations and Conquests
- Change…Expansion, Irrigation and Development