ECO Adventurers Bonnet House – Weekly on Wednesdays and NOW ALSO ON THURSDAYS, 10am -2:30pm…A day of nature learning and adventuring just for the children, ages 5-13. Exploration, play, and enrichment in the real and natural Florida…Bonnet House Gardens, Birch State Park and occasionally in Whiskey Creek in Dania Beach.
Wednesdays are FULL…if you are new to the program, only Thursdays are available.
The Nature Teacher Homeschooling Program uses experiential learning, physical and outdoor education, and an emphasis on Natural History, Biology, and Ecology to develop the student’s respect and awe for their natural surroundings. The integration of Literature, Language Arts, Science, and History helps to create a full and well-rounded experience for the participants.
Outdoor Exploration and Nature Study for kids with a strong sense of adventure.
Age 5 and up.
For the kids only, drop-off.
This 4.5 hour class allows for nature study, independent outdoor play, complex games, team building, and involved activities.
- Drop-off enrichment and exploration program for children ages 5 and up.
- MOST Wednesdays or Thursdays, 10am -2:30pm (See Dates Below)
- Explore the natural beauty of the Bonnet House Forest and Ponds, with occasional days visiting Hugh Taylor Birch State Park and Dania Beach, Whiskey Creek and possible other natural areas…get to know natural and real Florida
- Enrich your homeschool program with nature study, science, history, literature and child-led play and exploration.
- **This program requires a commitment and is not a pay-by-day style class. Classes are planned and paid for seasonally in sessions…3+ months at a time. One credit per session is allowed, for necessary absence…deducted from next session payment or used as a credit toward another program.Prices are based on full season and are per child, with a sibling discount of 50%
2017/18 Nature Theme…Florida Nature and Florida People
All Nature Teacher programs will center around this theme…building from it to create enriching activities, games and lessons that emphasize a multitude of subjects, like, art, science and ecology, history and literature.
Nature Themes By Season
Autumn – Just Nature
How the Land Came to Be…Rocks, Shells and Bones
Location, Location, Location…Latitude and Longitude
Cold and Hot…Ancient Climate Change
Winter – Wandering Wildlife
On the Hunt…Movement of Man
High and Dry…A Different Florida
Water, Water Everywhere…Wetlands and Hammocks
Spring – Modern Man and Nature
Mound Builders…Islands and Legacies
Pirates and Sailors…Explorations and Conquests
Change…Expansion, Irrigation and Development
ECO Adventures Bonnet House Dates By Season
Calendar Dates 2017/18
September: 13/14, 20/21, 27/28
October: 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
November: 1/2, 8/9, 15/16, 29/30
December: 6/7,13/14, 20/21
January: 10/11, 17/18, 24/25, 31/1
February: 7/8, 14/15, 21/22, 28/29
March: 7/8, 14/15, 21/22
April: 4/5, 11/12, 18/19, 25/26
May: 2/3, 9/10, 16/17, 23/24, 30/31