Join BBAP and The Nature Teacher as we dip our nets in the bay and paddle the preserves.Discover the Seagrass Gardens!
Join us for lunch on the Bay! A Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves Eco Experience: Netting and Paddling the Preserves!
Saturday, May 26th, 2018 – 11am-1pm. Virginia Key/Rickenbacker Causeway Bay Beach.
Grab a net!
Spend a Saturday on Biscayne Bay!
Experience urban nature at its best! Gather the family together to bring on the weekend with a morning outside! Grab a net and search for marine-life under the surface, tucked into the seagrass and along the sandy bottom – shrimp, urchins, fish, crabs and more. Understand the vitality of Biscayne Bay and its ecological importance. You and your kids (even the little ones) will be introduced to kayaking and paddling with our very awesome kids’ kayaks. Come join for some family fun: NETTING, SWIMMING, KAYAKING, EXPLORING, PLAYING! We will provide nets, education, two kid’s kayaks and two adult kayaks for everyone to share.
Enjoy time outdoors. Enjoy nature where you live.
- May 26th, 2018
- Babies and toddlers are welcome and do not need to be added into cost unless only child.
$15 per participating person. All proceeds go to support the Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves. To participate you must register in advance. Please email email@example.com
- We are unable to provide refunds.
- Park entrance is not included in program cost.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Severe weather may result in a canceled event.
- Choose a credit toward a future event, or choose to donate to the preserves.
Attending Netters Need:
- Protective water shoes – closed toe preferred, old sneakers or water shoes or water sandals ok. NO FLIP FLOPS. CROCS pop off and aren’t the best.
- A filled eco water bottle.
- Something to sit on and picnic. A packed NO or LOW waste snack/dinner. All waste needs to be packed out. Styrofoam is illegal and plastic is discouraged.
- Clothes that are for swimming and can get wet or dirty.
- A towel and change of dry clothes and wet bag for sandy shoes and wet clothes.
- Insect protection just in case – natural is encouraged.
- BBAP provides the guide, the nets, the kayaks, the paddles, the pfd’s, plus, noodles, shovels, buckets, binoculars, magnifiers, educational program with games and more.
- You bring masks, goggles and other play toys you may want – keep it simple.