Oleta River! Friday, December 8th! 3pm until sunset!
Join BBAP and The Nature Teacher as we net at sunset!
Join us for a late Fall Evening on the Bay! A Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves Eco Experience: Netting and Kid’s Kayaks in the Preserves!
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 3pm to sunset! Oleta River State Park, at the swimming area closest to the fishing pier.
Grab a net!
Spend an Evening out on Biscayne Bay!
Experience urban nature at its best! Get to know the north Bay! Gather the family together to bring on the weekend with an evening outside! Grab a net and search for marine-life under the surface, tucked into the seagrass and along the sandy bottom – shrimp, urchins, fish, crabs and more. Understand the vitality of Biscayne Bay and its ecological importance. Your kids (even the little ones) will be introduced to kayaking and paddling with our very awesome kids’ kayaks. Come join for some family fun: NETTING, SWIMMING, KAYAKING, EXPLORING, PLAYING!
Enjoy time outdoors. Enjoy nature where you live.
- December 8, 3-6pm – Oleta River State Park – Park in very last parking area (fishing pier area), walk toward fishing pier and look for us at the beach area directly adjacent to fishing pier.
- 3400 NE 163rd Street, North Miami Beach, FL 33160.
- Join us anytime after 3pm, we will be there until sunset.
- Babies and toddlers are welcome and do not need to be added into cost unless only child.
All proceeds go to support the Biscayne Bay Aquatic Preserves.
- We are unable to provide refunds.
- Park entrance is not included in program cost.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Severe weather may result in a canceled event.
- Choose a credit toward a future event, or choose to donate to the preserves.
Attending Netters Need:
- Protective water shoes – closed toe preferred, old sneakers or water shoes or water sandals ok. NO FLIP FLOPS. CROCS pop off and aren’t the best.
- A filled eco water bottle.
- Something to sit on and picnic. A packed NO or LOW waste snack/dinner. All waste needs to be packed out. Styrofoam is illegal and plastic is discouraged.
- Clothes that are for swimming and can get wet or dirty.
- A towel and change of dry clothes and wet bag for sandy shoes and wet clothes.
- Insect protection just in case – natural is encouraged.
- BBAP provides the guide, the nets, the kayaks, the paddles, the pfd’s, plus, noodles, shovels, buckets, binoculars, magnifiers, educational program with games and more.
- You bring masks, goggles and other play toys you may want – keep it simple.
Get a little closer to the surface with a guided Eco Tour. The Netting the Preserves Eco Experience offers enrichment and fun. Gain a sense of place as you dig deeper in to the ecology of Biscayne Bay, searching for life below the surface. Explore the shallow water of the preserves, alongside a Naturalist Guide. Dip your nets into the grasses and unlock the mysteries of the secret seagrass gardens. Understand the complex and vital mangrove, seagrass and sandy-bottom ecosystems and their importance to the whole of South Florida ecology. Enjoy your community, your friends and the entire family as you participate in this relaxed, but eye-opening, scientific look at Biscayne Bay. Take part in preserving our preserves! BBAP’s Eco Tourism program offers a variety of ways for you to get out on the bay, year-round. Inquire now about setting up an Eco Experience for your family, group, workplace or community.