Learn more about our Eco Experience Education Events – Children primarily – students, schools, groups, homeschools, nonprofits. Bayologist Camps and Bayologist Days!
BBAP Bayologist Days
- Non-profit pricing can be applied with documentation.
- Payment of base program cost must be procured in advance of trip to register and secure the date.
- Remainder to be paid virtually or via a check written to the DEP the day of the program with the remainder owed (any additional students).
- Refunds will not be given for cancellation or not showing up. Credits will be considered for advanced change of plans.
- Should BBAP cancel an event a full refund or credit/raincheck will be offered.
- Field Trips are rain or shine. Cancellations due to extreme weather are determined by the staff of BBAP and Pelican Harbor Marina.
- A full refund or credit/raincheck will be offered for extreme weather cancellation.
- An invoice will be supplied.
- Each participant must have a waiver signed (adults and staff included) and with them the day of the trip.
- All trip options require the following:
- Protective, closed-toe shoes for all participants (adults and staff included).
- Shoes need to be worn in the water and need to be closed-toe, hard bottom…NO FLIP FLOPS or CROCS please.
- Old sneakers will suffice if water shoes unavailable.
- Sun and bug protection applied before trip – eco-friendly is encouraged.
- Clothes for wading and netting – water/swim clothes. Hats, sunglasses, sun-shirts and towels are recommended.
- Eco-FILLED water bottles that can be refilled.
- No Styrofoam allowed and plastic is discouraged.
- Bring cold water for refilling bottles (you are welcome to bring coolers).
- Please have your snacks and lunch – packed and cooled (you are welcome to bring coolers) low or no waste lunches are encouraged. All waste is packed out.
- Participants are welcome to bring along masks, snorkels, goggles, their own nets, etc.
- BBAP will supply game and netting supplies, buckets, PFD’s, vessels and paddles.
- The Pelican Skipper boat is managed by Miami Dade County and Pelican Harbor Marina and its use is based on availability. The boat is a 40-passenger catamaran cruiser, with shade and seating.
- PFD’s will be provided and worn by children under age 18 while on boat or kayak.
- Swimming is only an option IF your organization allows it and is at your discretion – BBAP does not supply lifeguards.